If the number of applications exceeds the available spaces in one or more grades, attendance,
except for existing pupils of the school and students with preferences shall be determined by a
public, random drawing of all prospective students who have completed the application process.
All applicants who are exercising a preference must submit their applications by January
As permitted by state and federal charter law, the Charter School has adopted and maintained
policies granting admission preference in the following order:
- Currently enrolled students who wish to return
- Siblings of students admitted to or attending the Charter School
- Children of the University Preparatory School employees
- Residents of Shasta Union High School District
- Students who were in either the first or second lottery the previous year, and remained on the
waiting list all year
All other qualified applicants who submit a completed application by January 31, 2019, are
considered to be in the First Draw.
Current students, who have indicated that they are returning to U-Prep, keep their status as
enrolled students. Applicants, who have preferences and have applied by January 31, 2019, are next
to be enrolled. The remaining spaces are open to lottery. If the remaining spaces can accommodate
all of the first draw applicants, they will be admitted on February 1, 2019. If First Draw
applicants exceeded the number of available spaces, they are drawn before students who applied
after the First Draw deadline (January 31, 2019).